Going back to my hometown-- short break


The above picture was taken during my 21st birthday celebration. I requested my mother to make me a Thai glutinous rice yellow cake as a symbolic that I have reached a perfect age, not young and not old. Just nice!

17/08/08 Sunday 5.30 p.m.

I’m home! I meet my mother and father again! They are both my bones and strength. It was a peaceful day. My father went to work at the moment of the arising sun. My only younger sister has gone to school. I spent my golden time with my mother, chatting about my campus life. There was nobody except two of us. We watched ‘My Fair Lady’ together, using my laptop, given by her during my previous birthday; 23/12/2007. I love Ummi so much. She gave me this gadget, but she herself doesn’t know how to use it professionally. She bought me three items of batik cloth to be made some clothes. I asked her, “What for?” I don’t even like to wear such kind of cloth. She answered with puzzlement, “You have told me that you need to wear batik every Thursday”. She continued, “Now you will have one, even more”. I was speechless. How great my mother is. I forgot what I have said, but it still remains in her mind, forever indeed. I asked further, “Where did you buy this cloth?” Then, she mentioned that she went to Penambang (the land of batik - all famous batik factories are there). She always concerns about me, otherwise do I? The question stays still on my mind, till the end of the world. Nobody can answer. Not cool………..

All I want is my room anyway.
Far away from my campus bay
With my pink teddy bear
Oh, wouldn’t it be lovely?
Lots of food for me to eat
Lots of chairs making lots of seats
Calm face, calm hands, calm feet
Oh, wouldn’t it be lovely?
Oh, so lovely sleeping
Peacefully still
I would never budge till sun
Crept over the window sill
mother’s head resting on my knee
Warm and tender as she can be
who takes good care of me
Oh, wouldn’t it be lovely?
Lovely…….
Lovely….....
Lovely…….
Lovely…….

No comments:

Post a Comment